I regularly depend upon Social and Personality Psychology Compass to quickly acquaint myself and graduate students with a topic. These are brief excellent overviews by the best researchers in the field; there was a real need for this type of journal. Nicholas DiFonzo, Ph.D. Professor of Psychology, Rochester Institute of Technology
Unique in both range and approach, Social and Personality Psychology Compass publishes peer-reviewed surveys of the most important research and current thinking from across the entire discipline.
Authors are encouraged to present their unique vision of the research topic that they review and controversy is not discouraged. Social and Personality Psychology Compass fosters close cooperation across sub-divisions of the field insuring that boundaries remain permeable. The journal is founded on acknowledgement of the need for continuing recognition and appreciation of the symbiotic relationship between social psychology and personality psychology. Social and Personality Psychology Compass provides the ideal entry-point for the non-specialist.
Social and Personality Psychology Compass is indexed by PsychINFO.
Social and Personality Psychology Compass provides…
- A new kind of core content: state-of-the-art surveys of current research discuss the major topics, issues, viewpoints, and controversies within each area of the discipline.
- Coverage of the entire field highlights connections across sub-disciplines of philosophical scholarship
- Reference-linked bibliographies for each article, providing the ideal entry point into specialist literature
- Teaching Guides from article authors to inspire and engage your students
- 100 new authoritative, peer-reviewed survey articles per year: 3 times more than a standard journal
- Fast continuous publication: articles typically available 6-8 weeks after acceptance and as an online-only journal there are no issue restriction
How to Contribute to Social and Personality Psychology Compass
Articles for Social and Personality Psychology Compass are commissioned by the Section Editors, but we would be delighted to hear your suggestions and ideas for topics. If you have an idea for an article that you would like to read, or would like to write yourself, you can contact the relevant Section Editor (check their profile page for an email address) or email: SPCOeditorial@oxon.blackwellpublishing.com
For more detailed submission instructions and instructions for already commissioned authors click here.
Recommend Compass to your librarian
Download Library Recommendation Form (PDF, 293KB).
Free Trials and Sales Queries
Contact our Compass Sales team: firstname.lastname@example.org.